The front of the house needed some updating desperately. This very drab looking basket had been in place since we moved in:
Time for an update!
I got a new coco liner from Wilko's for £3-4, and 3 new plants from the garden centre (£3 for 3). I re-used the succelent that had managed to survive such a desolate year, but I broke it up into two clumps. Here is the result:
Looking much better I think!
The vegetable patch has also been coming on well. I have religiously been planting my seeds in accordance with my calendar that I planned out over the winter. Here are some progress shots:
|My calendar showing me what I should be sowing each week!|
|The first mange tout going in - a monumental moment|
|Well these little salad beauts raised their little heads a few weeks ago, and then after a few days disappeared as quickly as they came :(|
|The first mange tout coming up - these have come on loads now since this picture, and the second planting (two weeks after this first planting) have already come up too.|
|The veg bed all marked out. We are a bit limited on space so it's quite 'compact' planting.|
|The raspberries sprouting - no longer dead looking sticks!|
|Our cloches from Poundland - doing a good job at keeping the cats and their poop off our veg! Also protecting against the worst of the elements, although does mean I have to water them more often than I would otherwise.|
|The rhubarb coming along nicely. Possibly the easiest thing in the world to grow. Just leave it to do its own thing - simples.|
I will add more photos when I take them to show how they are all coming along. We have more peas to plant tomorrow.